Thursday, 8 August 2013

WAG: wheat and gluten free POP UP in Brixton


A friend of mine is taking over this little bakery in Brixton market and turning it into pop-up restaurant during weekends. Serving wheat and gluten free traditional czech food accompanied with gluten free beer Celia. Him and his friend are the suppliers of Celia in Uk. He needed some sketches for council so I had a look and I must say the place looks a little shabby. The paint is peeling and so on. These are my ideas for improvement: 

original cafe
sketch


 Watercolour effect, the combination of sketch and photo.



  At first i thought of darker colour and wood-like texture on top, but it just doesn't work.



 Idea no 2: grey, as in  the etiquette on the beer bottles they are selling. 



Now the final design, with the cream colour, to add warmth, and darker walls to accentuate the shop space. I also changed the typeface and added silhouette of the city of Prague below.

No comments:

Post a Comment